BYLAWS OF HOGOSHAKAI
ARTICLE I. NAME
The name of the organization shall be “Rainbow Gakuen Hogoshakai”.
ARTICLE II. PURPOSE
The purpose shall be to promote mutual friendship among parents, improve communication with teachers, and exchange any idea and opinion about the school life. This will help to improve the quality of Fubokai.
ARTICLE III. MEMBERS
Members shall be the parents/guardians of the Rainbow Gakuen.
ARTICLE IV. OFFICERS
Officers shall consist primarily of one selected from each grade and at least 10 officers, including the President, one (1) Vice President, one (1) Secretary, two (2) Treasurers, two (2) Committees ,and four (4) committees.
(Composition of officers may vary.)
Officers shall serve for a term of 14 months beginning April 1 of the year of election and end on March 31 of the following year.
The power and duties of the officers shall be as follows:
- The President shall preside over the organization.
- The Vice President shall assist the President and assume the power and duties of the President in the event of a vacancy in the office of the President.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for the proper maintenance of records of Annual and Committee meetings.
- The Treasurer shall perform all financial transactions of the organization based on the budget approved at the Annual Meeting and provide a financial report at the Annual Meeting.
- The Committees shall be responsible for the each school events.
ARTICLE V. MEMBERSHIP MEETING
- An Annual Meeting of the members shall be held at the end of each calendar year.
- A Special Meeting may be called by the President.
- A quorum at any meeting shall exist if at least one third of the members at such meeting are present in fact or by proxy.
- An affirmative votes of the majority of the members shall be required to pass any resolution at any meeting. Membership meetings have the highest authority for decision making.
ARTICLE VI. MEMBERSHIP DUES
An annual due for members shall be decided at the Annual Meeting and each member shall pay the dues at the beginning of the fiscal year.
In case one becomes a member in the middle of the school year, the member shall pay the annual dues.
Membership dues shall be non-refundable.
ARTICLE VII. AMENDMENT
These Bylaws may be amended at any meeting by the members with an affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the members then present.
ARTICLE VIII. SELECTION OF OFFICERS
Selection of officers and committees shall primarily depend on their candidates. In case no one runs for position, each grade shall be responsible to select officers and/or committee by drawing or other means. Anyone who is selected by drawing or other measures cannot decline the decision. In case she/he has a special circumstance such as a medical condition, and/or family matters, admitted by the Principal and President of the Parents Organization, she/he shall be permitted to decline the decision. The Board of Directors who are serving his or her duty for school, shall be permitted to not to serve officers in the Parents Organization during their duty period and after they retired from their duty. If he/she has a child under 4 years old or is pregnant, she/he shall not be selected as an officer of the Parents Organization when he/she enters the school.
As of 4/8/2017